Welcome to the Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village website.
The vision of Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village is that we provide high quality, adaptive, relevant and flexible housing, services and activities for our clients to support and guide them through the ageing process
The Village provides:
- Independent Living accommodation in a range of villa style homes and units;
- Ageing in Place services in the Aged Care Centre; and,
- Respite services in the Aged Care Centre.
Our aim is to provide high quality, flexible, adaptive housing and aged care service to our clients. Our services are designed to promote our clients dignity, health, happiness and participation in the community regardless of race, culture or religion.
Please browse through our website to gain a better understanding of the Village, its purpose and the services we offer.
COVID 19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE AS AT 21 January 2021
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM WOOLGOOLGA AGED CARE CENTRE REGARDING VISITATION
Further to recent communications regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we continue to monitor the developing situation to ensure the appropriate precautionary measures are in place at Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd incorporating Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre.
Our commitment to our residents is and always will be our number one priority. To protect resident's health and wellbeing from the threat of COVID-19, over the past few months we have made a number of difficult decisions around restricted access to Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre and we monitor what is occurring on this front daily.
Recently we amended our visiting policy and have introduced a new three tier visiting policy. A copy of the policy has been distributed to residents and their persons responsible.
WDRV has now moved back to Tier One of our visiting policy.
To visit a resident at the facility you will need to pre-book a time to visit by ringing 02 6654 0022 between the hours of 10.00am and 3.00pm each day and speak to either Leith or Maddison our Connections Facilitators. You will also need to have a current influenza vaccination and must have the Service NSW Covid App downloaded on your mobile phone so you can scan into the village at the time of your visit. All visitors will be required to abide by the terms of the visiting policy. You will need to be screened and observe all instructions from our staff when on site. You will be required to wear a face mask at all times during your visit and you will need to ensure Covid health and hygiene measures and instructions from our helpful staff are followed.
All visitors will also need to complete a declaration at the time of the visit to enable us to perform a risk assessment.
Families are welcome to take their loved ones out after an application for external visitation has been completed and successful risk assessment has been conducted. Please note this process takes at least 3 business days so you must provide us with that much notice or your visit could be declined. Please note that on external visits all NSW Health guidelines must be observed.
Please note we will restrict entry to Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre to anyone who is displaying flu like symptom, who has a temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher or who has personally been to or from, or come into contact with anyone who has been in the following States, Local Government Areas, venues and/or travelled on the nominated flights, buses, taxis, rideshares or trains on these dates or been tested for Covid-19 and is awaiting their results or who has been advised by State or Territory Health authorities to quarantine.
If you have been to a hotspot as listed below you may not be able to enter the facility nor take a resident out of the centre unless you are here with prior approval from the relevant authorities and our Director of nursing to visit a palliating resident:
Location and Dates
- Anywhere overseas Anytime in the last 14 days
The following NSW LGAs:
- Northern Beaches LGA
- Canterbury LGA (Ashbury, Belfield, Campsie, Canterbury ,Clemton Park, Croydon Park, Earlwood, Hurlestone Park)
- Cumberland City Council,
- Suburbs near Mt Druitt (Bidwell, Blackett, Doonside, Dharruk, Emerton, Hebersham, Lethbridge Park, Minchinbury, Mt Druitt, Shalvey, Tregear, Whalan, Wilmott)
- Rooty Hill (suburb) Until further advice is received from Ministry of Health.
- If you have been at the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane since 30 December 2020, either as a returned traveler or as a staff member, you should immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days after you were last at the hotel, regardless of the test result. Until further advice is received from Ministry of Health.
Other NSW Locations and Dates
- Arndell Park: Sports Club Sunday 3rd January, 2021
- Ashfield: Michelles Patisserie Wednesday 6th January
- Ashfield: Coles Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Auburn: Centrelink Thursday 14th January, 2021
- Auburn: Hotel Tuesday 12th January, 2021
- Auburn: Village Tavern Monday 28th December,2020 to Thursday 14th January, 2021
- Auburn :Central Shopping Centre Friday 1st January to Monday 18th January 2021
- Auburn: Shops along Queen Street Friday 1st January to Monday 18th January 2021
- Avalon Beach: Woolworths Thursday 31st December to Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Best and Less Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Big W Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Myer/Ground Floor Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Oporto/Food Court Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Services NSW Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Target Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Bankstown: Smiggles Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th January, 2021
- Brookvale: Pool and Spa Warehouse Friday 8th January, 2021
- Campsie: Chemist Warehouse Friday 8th January, 2021
- Campsie: Medical and Dental Friday 8th January, 2021
- Campsie Hills: Seafood Friday 8th January, 2021
- Lakemba: Pizza Thursday 7th January, 2021
- Warriewood: Square: Aldi Tuesday 5th January to Friday 8th January 2021
- Warriewood: Square: Pharmacy Less Friday 8th January, 2021
- Warriewood: Square: Rebel sport Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Warriewood: Square: Woolworths Monday 4th January to Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Warriewood : The Groomsman Wednesday 6th January, 2021
- Wentworthville :Medical and dental Friday 15th January,2021
Sydney Bus Routes and dates:
- Bus Route 418-138 Wednesday 6 January, 6:21am to 6:30am, From Hurlstone Park Station, Duntroon Street to Marrickville Rd at Garners Avenue
- Bus Route 418-138 Thursday 7 January, 6:19am to 6:28am, From Hurlstone Park Station, Duntroon Street To Marrickville Rd at Garners Avenue
Sydney Trains, Light Rail, Taxis, Ferry or Rideshares and dates:
- Train from Marrickville Wednesday 6th January, 3.56 to 4.04 PM, Marrickville to Hurlstone Park
- Train from Hurlstone Park Wednesday 6 January, 10:59am to 11:20am, From Hurlstone Park To Bankstown
- Train from Bankstown Wednesday 6 January, 1:50pm to 2:08pm, From Bankstown To Hurlstone Park
- Train from Marrickville Wednesday, 6 January, 3:56pm to 4:04pm, From Marrickville To Hurlstone Park
- Train from Hurlstone Park Friday, 8 January, 10:27am to 10:38am, From Hurlstone Park To Campsie
- Train from Campsie Friday, 8 January 2021, 12:01pm to 12:11pm, From Campsie To Hurlstone Park
- Train to Bankstown Wednesday 6th January, 1.49 to 2.08 PM, Bankstown to Hurlestone Park
- Train from Hurlestone Park Friday 8th January, 10.53 – 11.20 AM, Hurlestone Park to Bankstown
- Train from Bankstown Friday 8th January, 2.37 to 3.08 PM, Bankstown to Hurlestone Park
- Train from Auburn Thursday 14 January, 8:27pm to 8.58pm, From Auburn To Warwick Farm
- Train from Warrick Farm Thursday 14th January, 2020, 2:20PM to 2:56 PM, Warrick Farm to Auburn
- Train from Warwick Farm Friday 15 January, 10:40am to 11.12am, From Warwick Farm To Auburn
- Train from Auburn Friday 15 January, 1:44pm to 2.16pm, From Auburn To Warwick Farm
- Train from Warwick Farm Friday, 15 January, 4:28pm to 4.58pm, From Warwick Farm To Auburn
Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre advises if you have attended these places or venues or been on the above mentioned flights, buses, taxis, light rail, rideshares, Ferries or trains on these dates or have come into contact with someone that has, you may not be allowed to enter Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre until 14 days after they/you last attended the place, venue, flight, bus or train trip or had contact with the individual who did and are well.
We will continue to update this information as more is advised by NSW and other State and Territory Health authorities.
The threat of Covid-19 is still very alive and as we all know affects the most vulnerable in our community the worst. We all have an obligation to protect these vulnerable people.
If you or someone you know has been in the places listed above, please do not attempt to visit the village or ask for residents to visit you. Please urgently attend your nearest Covid-19 testing centre and get tested then go home and self-isolate until your results come through. It remains essential that anyone with symptoms, even very mild symptoms, get tested.
As previously mentioned today we have sent another update to our visiting policy together with a Covid-19 update to our external visitation declaration form to the nominated persons responsible for each resident, and this individual has been asked to share this amongst their loved ones family and friends.
As you know we are 100 percent committed to keeping both residents and our staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic so we can continue to provide the best and safest services we can to our residents and to those that love them.
We remain extremely concerned that Covid-19 is a particularly virulent virus that is transmitted easily and residents at the centre continue to remain at risk of infection. We implore you to observe the guidelines contained in our policies when visiting residents or having them to visit you.
We continue to rely on expert advice about the relevant tier of visiting we should be at, at any given time. We also advise that if there are further new local cases of Covid-19 in our region we will immediately instigate tightening of our visitor's policy to ensure resident safety.
We will continue to ensure there is ongoing consultation with residents and their nominated persons responsible about changes to visiting at the village as and when required.
Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd will lock-down the aged care centre immediately, if there is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 at the village and we will ensure regular communication with residents and persons responsible if this occurs.
Our resident's health remains our priority and we will continue to ensure their needs are fully supported through this difficult time. We will continue to use this website to advise up-to-date information on the evolving situation.
If you have any questions or would like to talk about these arrangements, please contact me on 02 6654 0022 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued understanding about all of the precautions being taken by us to keep your loved ones safe.
Chief Executive Officer