Welcome to the Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village website.
The vision of Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village is that we provide high quality, adaptive, relevant and flexible housing, services and activities for our clients to support and guide them through the ageing process
The Village provides:
- Independent Living accommodation in a range of villa style homes and units;
- Ageing in Place services in the Aged Care Centre; and,
- Respite services in the Aged Care Centre.
Our aim is to provide high quality, flexible, adaptive housing and aged care service to our clients. Our services are designed to promote our clients dignity, health, happiness and participation in the community regardless of race, culture or religion.
Please browse through our website to gain a better understanding of the Village, its purpose and the services we offer.
COVID 19 (Coronavirus) PREPAREDNESS AS AT 20 NOVEMBER 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM WOOLGOOLGA AGED CARE CENTRE REGARDING VISITATION
Further to recent communications regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we continue to monitor the developing situation to ensure the appropriate precautionary measures are in place at Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd incorporating Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre.
Our commitment to our residents is our number one priority. To protect resident's health and wellbeing from the threat of COVID-19, over the past few months we have made a number of difficult decisions around restricted access to Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre and we monitor what is occurring on this front daily.
As previously advised we recently amended our visiting policy to ensure that people, including children aged 16 and under who meet strict criteria are now able to visit their loved ones. We have also, again under strict criteria enabled residents to leave the aged care centre to attend small family gatherings outside of the village.
Today NSW Health have updated their advice to us. I advise effective immediately we are now required to restrict entry to Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre to anyone who has personally been to or from, or come into contact with anyone who has been in the following States, Local Government Areas, venues and/or travelled on the nominated flights, buses, taxis, rideshares or trains on these dates:
- The state of Victoria Anytime in the last 14 days
- The state of South Australia Anytime in the last 14 days
- Anywhere overseas (including New Zealand) Anytime in the last 14 days
- The NSW local government areas of Liverpool and Wingecarribee. Anytime in the last 14 days
- The NSW suburbs and towns of the Liverpool LGA being: Anzac Village, Ashcroft, Austral, Badgerys Creek (crosses Penrith Council), Bringelly (crosses Camden Council), Busby, Carnes Hill, Cartwright, Casula, Casula Mall Shopping Centre, Cecil Hills, Cecil Park (crosses Fairfield and Penrith Councils), Chatham Village, Chipping Norton, Cross Roads, Denham Court (crosses Campbelltown Council), Edmondson, Edmondson Park, Green Valley, Greendale, Greenway Park, Hammondville, Hammondville East, Hargrave Park, Heckenberg, Hillview, Hinchinbrook, Holsworthy, Horningsea Park, Hoxton Park, Ingleburn (crosses Campbelltown Council), Ingleburn Military Camp (crosses Campbelltown Council), Ingleburn Village, Kemps Creek (crosses Penrith Council), Kookaburra, Leppington (crosses Camden and Campbelltown Councils), Liverpool, Liverpool Military Camp, Liverpool North, Liverpool South, Liverpool West, Liverpool Westfield, Luddenham (crosses Penrith Council), Lurnea, Middleton Grange, Miller Moorebank, Moorebank Village, Mount Pritchard (crosses Fairfield Council), Pleasure Point, Prestons, Rossmore (crosses Camden Council), Sadleir, The Cross Roads, Voyager Point, Wallacia (crosses Wollondilly and Penrith Councils), Warwick Farm, Wattle Grove and West Hoxton. Anytime in the last 14 days
- The Wingecarribee LGA towns being: Alpine, Avoca, Avon Dam, Aylmerton, Balaclava, Balmoral Village, Bangadilly, Barrallier, Barren Grounds, Belanglo, Berrima, Bong, Boronga, Bowral, Box Hill, Braemar, Bullio, Bundanoon, Burradoo, Burrawang, Buxton (crosses Wollondilly Council), Calwalla, Canyonleigh, Colo Vale, East Bowral, East Kangaloon, Elmwood, Exeter, Fitzroy Falls, Glencoe, Glenquarry, High Range, Hill Top, Hoddles Cross Roads, Jellore, Joadja, Kangaloon, Kelston, Lake Avon (crosses Wollongong Council), Lower Mittagong, Manchester Square, Mandemar, Medway, Meryla, Milton Park, Mittagong, Moss Vale, Mount Lindsey, Mount Murray, Myra Vale, Nepean Dam, New Berrima, Paddys River, Penrose, Pheasant Ground, Robertson, Rosedale, Sutton Forest, Wanganderry, Wattle Ridge, Welby, Werai, Wildes Meadow, Willow Vale, Wingecarribee, Wingello, Wollondilly, Woodlands, Yarrunga and Yerrinbool. Anytime in the last 14 days
- Artarmon: Artarmon Mazda Service Centre, Campbell St 2 October
- Auburn: Ali Baba Charcoal Chicken 18 and 26 October
- Bankstown: Bankstown City Plaza Anytime in the last 14 days
- Bankstown: Jasmin1 Lebanese Restaurant 22 October
- Bondi Junction: Westfield Bondi Junction 24 October
- Camden: Squeeze and Grind 7 October
- Carnes Hill: Big W 4 October
- Carnes Hill: Carnes Hill Marketplace 27 October
- Carlingford: Fitness First 3 October
- Castle Hill: Castle Towers Shopping Centre 5 October
- Castle Hill: Surf Dive 'n' Ski, Castle Towers Shopping Centre 5 October
- Casula: Bunnings 7 October
- Casula: Chemist Warehouse 6 October
- Casula: Costco 9 October
- Condell Park: Watsup Brothers Kebab Shop 24 October
- Eastwood: Aldi Eastwood 6 October
- Eastwood: S-mart 5 October
- Edmondson Park: Aldi 4 October
- Epping: Chemist Warehouse, corner Bridge and Rawson Sts 6 October
- Ingleburn: Ingleburn Hotel 4 October
- Jamisontown: Penrith Homemaker Centre 4 October
- Lakemba: Ali Dine Inn and Take Away 9 October
- Lakemba: A2Z Medical Clinic 24 September to 11 October
- Lakemba: Isra Medical Practice 5 and 6 October
- Lakemba: Lakemba Radiology 1 October
- Leppington: F45 Gym 15 to 29 October
- Liverpool: Jasmins Lebanese Restaurant 25 October to 1 November
- Liverpool: Spendless Shoes, Westfield Liverpool 28 October
- Liverpool: Westfield Liverpool 28 October
- Milson's Point: Ripples Restaurant 3 October
- Narellan: Kmart Narellan Town Centre 2 October
- Narellan: Narellan Town Centre 8 October
- North Ryde: Macquarie University Sports and Aquatic Centre outdoor pool area 7 October
- Palm Beach: Palm Beach Fish and Chips 5 October
- Parramatta: Westfield Parramatta 5 to 8 October
- Penrith: Guzman y Gomez 4 October
- Penrith: Home Co 4 October
- Potts Point: Monopole Restaurant 4 October
- Prestons: Flip Out Prestons Indoor Trampoline Park 25 October
South Australian Locations
- Salisbury Downs: Thomas More College 12 to 13 November
- Mawson Lakes School and Preschool 11 to 13 November
- Woodville Pizza Bar, 58 Woodville Road 6 to 16 November
- Roma Mitchell Secondary Collee, Gepps Cross 12 to 13 November
- Lyell McEwin Hospital Emergency Department 13 and 14 November
- Elizabeth: The Aquadome, Elizabeth 14 November
- Rosewater: Mount Carmel College, Rosewater 12 to 13 November
- Parafield Gardens: Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre 13 November
- Parafield Gardens: Alive Catholic ELC 13 November
- Bensons Radiology, 3/18 North Terrace 13 November
- Mantra on Frome 12 and 13 November
- It's Convenient, 63 Waymouth Street 14 November
- Eastwood: Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre, 215 Greenhill Rd 13 November
- Edinburgh: SA Structural, 54 Kaurna Avenue 12 November
- Elizabeth: Big W, Elizabeth Shopping Centre 14 November
- Elizabeth: Elizabeth Shopping Centre 8 and 11 November
- Elizabeth: Harris Scarfe Elizabeth Shopping Centre 8 November
- Enfield: Ekam Indian Groceries, Enfield Plaza 13 November
- Findon: Woolworths Finden Road 13 November
- Fulham Gardens Community Centre – Festival of Lights Function 8 November
- Gepps Cross: Spotlight, 750 Main North Road 12 November
- Gepps Cross: Stratco, 59 Port Wakefield Road 14 November
- Glengowrie: Morphett Arms Hotel, 138 Morphett Road 13 November
- Hendon: Prime Liquidators, 6 Philip Crescent 14 November
- Ingle Farm: Coles South, Ingle Farm Shopping Centre 12 November
- Kurralta Park: Coles, 153-164 Anzac Highway 13 November
- Mawson Lakes: Foodland, 6/12 Capital Street 14 November
- Mawson Lakes: Mint Leaf Lounge, 6/121 Mawson Lakes Boulevard 12 November
- Parafield Gardens: Martins Road Family Medical Practice 9 November
- Parafield Gardens: Parafield Plaza Supermarket 12 November
- Pooraka: On the run Pooraka, OTR 126 Bridge Road 12 November
- Port Adelaide: Funk Coffee, T15/200-220 Commercial Road 14 November
- Port Adelaide: Hungry Jacks, 321 Commercial Road 13 November
- Rosewater: Untied Petrol Station, 128 Grand Junction Road 13 November
- Rosewater: Foodland, 144 Grand Junction Road 12 November
- Sailsbury: Namaste Supermarket, Parabanks Shopping Centre 14 November
- Sailsbury Bus Interchange 7 and 9 November
- Sailsbury City Fruit Bowl 13 November
- Sailsbury Downs: Hollywood Plaza Surgery 13 and 14 November
- Sailsbury Downs: Hollywood Fresh Fruit Shop, Hollywood Plaza 14 November
- Sailsbury Downs: McDonald's Hollywood Plaza 13 November
- Sailsbury Downs: Star Discount Chemist, Hollywood Plaza Surgery 10 and 14 November
- Sailsbury Downs: Target Hollywood Plaza 12 November
- Sailsbury Downs: Woolworths Hollywood Plaza 12 to 15 November
- South Plympton: Jai Shiv Fruit & Veg Shop, 3/489 Marion Rd 14 November
- Somerton Park: Eblen Collision Repair, 240 Brighton Rd 12 and 13 November
- St Clair: Coles, Cheltenham Parade 13 November
- Westlakes: Wesltakes Shopping Centre 15 November
- Sydney: Bus service from Central to Strathfield (A train replacement service) 4 to 7 October
- Sydney: Epping Station, Beecroft Road, Stand D to Smith St after Phillip Street, Parramatta 6 October
- Sydney: Bus Route 840, Oran Park Drive (South Street Circuit) to Campbelltown Station 14 October
- Sydney: Bus Route 840, Campbelltown Station to Bradbury and Bradbury to Campbelltown Station (Bus Route 885) 14 October
- Adelaide: Bus 502 from Internode Adelaide Bus stop on Grenfell Street 9, 12 and 13 November
- Adelaide: Bus (GA1/GA2/GA3) From bus stop near train station 7, 10 and 11 November
- Parra Hills SA: 502X Bus – Stop 39 on Bridge Rd to Stop 1 on Grenfell Street 13 November
- Sailsbury SA: Bus 405 from Sailsbury Bus Interchange 9 November
- Sailsbury SA: Bus 411 from Sailsbury Bus Interchange 11 November
- Sailsbury SA: Bus 500 from Sailsbury Bus Interchange 10, 11, 12 and/or 13 November
- Sydney: Wiley Park to Lakemba and Lakemba to Wiley Park 1 October
- Sydney: Parramatta to Milsons Point 3 October
- Sydney: Parramatta to Town Hall 4 October
- Sydney: Town Hall to Kings Cross 4 and 7 October
- Sydney: Artarmon to Central 4 October
- Sydney: Strathfield to Parramatta and Parramatta to Strathfield 6 October
- Sydney: Moss Vale to Macarthur 6 and 7 October
- Sydney: Macarthur to Glenfield 6 and 7 October
- Sydney: Glenfield to Liverpool and Liverpool to Glenfield 6 and 7 October
- Sydney: Eastwood to Strathfield and Strathfield to Eastwood 6 and 7 October
- Sydney: Strathfield to Parramatta 6 and 7 October
- Sydney: Wiley Park to Lakemba and Lakemba to Wiley Park 6 October
- Sydney: Glenfield to Campbelltown 6 October
- Sydney: Campbelltown to Moss Vale 6 and 7 October
- Sydney: Eastwood to Town Hall 7 October
- Sydney: Parramatta to Central 7 October
- Sydney: Central to Eastwood 7 October
- Sydney: Kings Cross to Town Hall 7 October
- Sydney: Town Hall to Eastwood 7 October
- Sydney: Fairfield Station to Central Station 27 October
- Sydney: Central Station to Fairfield Station 27 October
Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre advises if you have attended these places or venues or been on the above mentioned flights, buses, taxis, rideshares or trains on these dates or have come into contact with someone that has, you will not be allowed to enter Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre until 14 days after they/you last attended the place, venue, flight, bus or train trip or had contact with the individual who did and are well.
We will continue to update this information as more is advised by NSW Health.
Due to the recent Victorian outbreak of Covid there are now many aged care homes in Victoria and now some in South Western Sydney affected by Covid-19 with many residents testing positive to the virus. This is a huge reminder to us all to stay vigilant. The threat of Covid-19 is still very alive and as we all know affects the most vulnerable in our community the worst. We all have an obligation to protect these vulnerable people.
If you or someone you know has been in the places listed above, please do not attempt to visit the village or ask for residents to visit you. Please urgently attend your nearest Covid-19 testing centre and get tested then go home and self-isolate until your results come through. It remains essential that anyone with symptoms, even very mild symptoms, get tested.
As a result of this latest advice we have sent another update to our visiting policy together with a Covid-19 update to our external visitation declaration form to the nominated persons responsible for each resident, and this individual has been asked to share this amongst their loved ones family and friends.
Visits that occur on-site will still occur in the manner they are currently, and we have now introduced additional safety measures inside the village around residents social distancing as this policy now enables residents to leave the village under the conditions contained in the updated visiting policy.
As you know we are 100 percent committed to keeping both residents and our staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic so we can continue to provide the best and safest services we can to our residents and to those that love them.
We remain extremely concerned that Covid-19 is a particularly virulent virus that is transmitted easily and residents at the centre continue to remain at risk of infection. We implore you to observe the guidelines contained in our policies when visiting residents or having them to visit you.
We continue to rely on expert advice about how and when to safely lift restrictions in our circumstances. We also advise that if there are further new local cases of Covid-19 in our region we will immediately instigate tightening of our visitor's policy to ensure resident safety.
We will continue to ensure there is ongoing consultation with residents and their nominated persons responsible about changes to visiting at the village as and when required.
Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd will lock-down the aged care centre immediately, if there is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 at the village and we will ensure regular communication with residents and persons responsible if this occurs.
Our resident's health remains our priority and we will continue to ensure their needs are fully supported through this difficult time. We will continue to use this website to advise up-to-date information on the evolving situation.
If you have any questions or would like to talk about these arrangements, please contact me on 02 6654 0022 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued understanding about all of the precautions being taken by us to keep your loved ones safe.
Chief Executive Officer