Welcome to the Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village website.
The vision of Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village is that we provide high quality, adaptive, relevant and flexible housing, services and activities for our clients to support and guide them through the ageing process
The Village provides:
- Independent Living accommodation in a range of villa style homes and units;
- Ageing in Place services in the Aged Care Centre; and,
- Respite services in the Aged Care Centre.
Our aim is to provide high quality, flexible, adaptive housing and aged care service to our clients. Our services are designed to promote our clients dignity, health, happiness and participation in the community regardless of race, culture or religion.
Please browse through our website to gain a better understanding of the Village, its purpose and the services we offer.
COVID 19 (Coronavirus) PREPAREDNESS AS AT 22 MAY 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WOOLGOOLGA AGED CARE CENTRE IN LOCKDOWN
Further to recent communication regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) we continue to monitor the developing situation to ensure the appropriate precautionary measures are in place at Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd incorporating Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre. As from Tuesday 26 May 2020 we are lifting the current visitor restrictions in place at the village under very strict conditions. Today we have written to all persons responsible for our residents and have advised them of our new COVID-19 Visitor Policy. We have asked these representatives to share this policy with wider family members and key people in our resident's lives.
If you are the family member of a resident or close personal friend, please make contact with the resident's person responsible who will advise you of the new conditions for visits.
We will not be able to accept walk in visits; all visits will need to be pre-booked and be between the hours of 10.00am and 3.00pm, 7 days per week.
We recognise how important it is for residents to stay connected and talk to family and friends, and therefore we have ensured extra resources have been put in place to maintain social connection. We have invested in additional staffing and computer and video technology, and have enabled Facetime and Facebook Messenger, so you can continue to connect with your loves ones via video conference with the assistance of staff and visit in person under the new visiting policy from Tuesday 26 May 2020 through pre-booked appointments.
The new visiting policy has put in place following consultation with residents of the village.
We are 100 percent committed to keeping both the residents, their families and our staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic so we can continue to provide the best and safest services we can to our residents and to those that love them.
Visiting at the village will be different until the pandemic is over.
• All in-person and video conference visits will need to be pre-booked; we will not accept walk in visits.
• All Visitors to the village will be required to show us a current 2020 Influenza Vaccination certificate before your visit or proof from your medical provider as to why you cannot have an influenza vaccination (This is mandatory under Australian Law from 1 May 2020). Failure to provide these documents will result in you not being able to visit in person. A video conference visit will be arranged instead.
• All visitors must be aged 16 or over and not be unwell nor have travelled overseas recently in line with the Federal and State Government guidelines for entering or staying in an Aged Care Facility.
• Visiting times will only be between 10.00am and 3.00pm each day and will only occur in the pre-designated visiting areas.
• Visits will be booked for 30 minutes to allow all residents to receive visitors. Longer visits can be arranged in exceptional circumstances.
• The total number of visitors allowed is 2 in one visit per resident per day and we will only allow a maximum of 10 visitors on-site at any one time.
• Visitors will be required to show ID and their vaccination certificates they will be health screened upon arrival at Reception and will be required to sign a declaration for their visit.
These are very difficult times and a measured and controlled approach has been taken to opening up for visitors again. We will ensure there is ongoing consultation with our residents and their nominated persons responsible about changes to visiting at the village as and when required.
Regarding gifts for residents we will be opening our delivery cage from 2.00pm to 3.00pm Monday to Friday so we can accept gifts for your loved ones. If you have a gift for your loved one, please bring your gift wrapped with a label clearly identifying who it is for, to our main door and our staff will direct you to the cage where you can drop it off. Please note flowers can be accepted also if they are cellophane wrapped. No loose gifts will be accepted as we cannot sanitise these.
Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village has informed the Department of Health and other relevant regulatory bodies about this action and we thank you for your understanding and support in these challenging times.
We will continue to keep residents, families and representatives updated regularly on the visitation policy and will inform you again if these restrictions change.
We will also ensure on a regular basis, that nominated representatives are kept fully informed about the condition of their loved ones during this time. We know that this will cause you some worry and stress and we apologise for that; we are committed to doing everything we can to keep you informed about your loved ones. Where necessary we will ensure that measures are in place, on a case by case basis, if a resident's health condition seriously declines during this lockdown period, to allow immediate family to be present with the resident, subject to additional screening etc.
We will also be using this webpage to advise up-to-date information on the evolving situation.
Our resident's health remains our priority and we will continue to ensure their needs are fully supported through this difficult time. If you have any questions or would like to talk about these arrangements, please contact me on 02 6654 0022 or email me on email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding about these precautions being taken to keep your loved ones safe.
Chief Executive Officer