Welcome to the Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village website.
The vision of Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village is that we provide high quality, adaptive, relevant and flexible housing, services and activities for our clients to support and guide them through the ageing process
The Village provides:
- Independent Living accommodation in a range of villa style homes and units;
- Ageing in Place services in the Aged Care Centre; and,
- Respite services in the Aged Care Centre.
Our aim is to provide high quality, flexible, adaptive housing and aged care service to our clients. Our services are designed to promote our clients dignity, health, happiness and participation in the community regardless of race, culture or religion.
Please browse through our website to gain a better understanding of the Village, its purpose and the services we offer.
COVID 19 (Coronavirus) PREPAREDNESS AS AT 10 AUGUST 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM WOOLGOOLGA AGED CARE CENTRE REGARDING VISITATION
Further to recent communications regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we continue to monitor the developing situation to ensure the appropriate precautionary measures are in place at Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd incorporating Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre.
Our commitment to our residents is our number one priority. To protect resident's health and wellbeing from the threat of COVID-19, over the past few months we have made a number of difficult decisions around restricted access to Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre and we monitor what is occurring on this front daily.
As previously advised we recently amended our visiting policy to ensure that people, including children aged 16 and under who meet strict criteria are now able to visit their loved ones. We have also, again under strict criteria enabled residents to leave the aged care centre to attend small family gatherings outside of the village.
Today NSW Health have updated their advice to us and we have consulted QLD Health due to our location. I advise effective immediately we are now required to restrict entry to Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre to anyone who has personally been to or from, or come into contact with anyone who has been in the following States, Local Government Areas, venues and/or on flights on these dates:
- The state of Victoria Anytime in the last 14 days
- Any other State in Australia Anytime in the last 14 days
- Anywhere overseas Anytime in the last 14 days
- The local government areas of Newcastle, Hornsby Shire, Hills District, Bankstown, Waverley, Woollahra, Randwick, Eastern part of City of Sydney, Parramatta, Fairfield, Liverpool, Cumberland, Campbelltown, Camden, Wingecarribee and Wollondilly Anytime in the last 14 days
- The NSW suburbs and towns of Bonnyrigg, Cabramatta, Carnes Hill shops, Canterbury-Bankstown, Guildford, Merrylands, Mt Pritchard, Perisher, Potts Point, Prestons, or Wetherill Park. Anytime in the last 14 days
- The QLD suburbs and towns of Logan, South Brisbane and Springfield Anytime in the last 14 days
- The NSW/Victoria border regions and towns Anytime in the last 14 days
- Port Stephens Region Anytime in the last 14 days
- Adamstown: St Pius X High School 3 August
- Albion Park: C1 Speed Indoor Karting 11 July
- Albion Park: McDonalds 15 July
- Bankstown: Bankstown City Plaza Anytime in the last 14 days
- Bankstown: BBQ City Buffett 1 August
- Bankstown: An Restaurant 23 July
- Bankstown: St Brendan's Catholic Church 16 to 19 July
- Bankstown: YMCA 9 to 11 July
- Batemans Bay: The Soldiers Club 13 to 18 July
- Belfield: Mancini's Original Woodfired Pizza 10 July
- Belmore: Canterbury Leagues Club 4 or 5 July
- Bowral: Woolworths 11 or 12 July
- Brighton Le Sands: Hurricanes Grill 11 July
- Broadmeadow: McDonald Jones Stadium 2 August
- Cabramatta: Tan Viet Noodle House (Also known as Crispy Chicken Noodle House) 11 July
- Cabramatta: Tan Viet Noodle House 23 July
- Casula: The Crossroads Hotel 3 to 10 July
- Casula: Planet Fitness 6 to 10 July
- Crowns Nest: Woolworth's 27 July
- Campbelltown: Bavarian Macarthur 11 July
- Campbelltown: Bunnings Warehouse 4 to 7 August
- Campbelltown: Macarthur Tavern 11 or 12 July
- Campbelltown: Plus Fitness 11 July
- Campbelltown: West Leagues Club 10, 11 or 12 July
- Camperdown: Frank's Pizza Bar Restaurant 26 July
- Canley Vale: Master Hot Pot 1 August
- Canterbury: Canterbury Hurlstone Park RSL 27 July
- Caringbah: Highfield 5 July
- Casula: Kmart (Casula Mall) 10 or 11 July
- Cherrybrook: Pharmasave Cherry Brook Pharmacy in Appletree Shopping Centre 6 August
- Chippendale: Holy Duck! Restaurant 10 July
- Crows Nest: Woolworths 27 July
- Darlinghurst: Darlo Bar 26 July
- East Maitland: Windsor Castle Hotel 13 July
- Enmore: Warren View Hotel 1 August
- Fairfield: Neeta Shopping Centre (Including the Soul Pattinson Chemist, Woolworths and Fresco Juice Bar) 22 to 31 July
- Fairfield East: Ausia Funeral Services 17 July
- Glebe: Jambo Jambo African Restaurant 31 July
- Hamilton: Bennett Hotel 31 July
- Hamilton: Greenroof Bar Restaurant 31 July to 2 August
- Hamilton: Sushi Revolution 1 August
- Hamilton: Sydney Junction Hotel 1 and 2 August
- Harris Park: Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral 15 to 18 July
- Hoxton Park: Guzman y Gomez 12 July
- Jesmond: Hotel Jesmond 29 July
- Kurnell: Cook @ Kurnell 5 July
- Lambton: Lambton Park Hotel 30 July
- Malua Bay: Malua Club 12 July
- Marrickville: Matinee Coffee 26 and 27 July
- Marrickville: Woolworths – Marrickville Metro Shopping Centre 23 to 31 July and 2 August
- Marsden Park: Costco 19 July
- Merimbula: RSL Club 6 July
- Merimbula: The Waterfront Café 7 July
- Merrylands: Anytime Fitness Gym 14 July
- Milperra: Flower Power (Frankie's Food Factory) 10 July
- Mount Druitt: Westfield 18 July
- Mount Prichard: Mounties, 101 Meadows Road 19 to 27 July
- Mount Prichard: Our Lady of Mt Carmel 19 July
- Mount Prichard: Pritchard's Hotel, 360 Elizabeth Drive 23 and 24 July
- Murray Downs: Golf & Country Club 4 or 5 July
- Narellan Town Centre: Kmart, Target, Best & Less, H&M and food court 6 July
- Narooma: Club Narooma 13 July
- Newcastle: Queens Wharf Hotel 1 August
- New Lambton: Bar 88 – Wests New Lambton 2 August
- North Wollongong: Rashays 11 July
- Paddington: Love Supreme 14 July
- Paddington: The Village Inn 11 July
- Parramatta: Milky Lane 11 July
- Parramatta: St Patrick's Cathedral 19 July
- Pennant Hills, St Agatha's 5 and 6 August
- Penrith: Penrith Plaza 1 August
- Picton: The Picton Hotel 4 to 10 July
- Potts Point: Thai Rock Restaurant 15 to 26 July
- Potts Point: The Apollo 21 to 27 July
- Pyrmont: Star City Casino 4 July
- Redfern: The Everleigh Hotel 31 July
- Revesby: Bankstown YMCA 9 or 11 July
- Rookwood: St John of God Lawn Cemetery 18 July
- Rushcutters Bay: Cruising Yacht Club Australia 22 to 27 July
- Salamander Bay: Fingal Bay Café & Takeaway 17 July
- Salamander Bay: Salamander Bay Shopping Centre 15 July
- Salamander Bay: Woolworths 17 to 21 July
- St Leonards: Fitness First 27 July
- Surry Hills: Hotel Harry (Harpoon Harry) 26 July
- Sydney: Burrow Bar 1 August
- Sydney: Cubby's Kitchen 1 August
- Sydney: Mary's Macquarie Place 1 August
- Tahmoor: Pharmacy for Less 12 July
- Toronto: Toronto Court House (Toronto Drug Court) 27 July
- Villawood: Zone Bowling 27 June
- Wallsend: Wallsend Diggers 29 and 30 July
- Wetherill Park: Stockland Mall 4 to 15 July
- Wetherill Park: Thai Rock Restaurant 9 to 15 July
- Browns Plains: Chatime Grand Plaza 28 July
- Browns Plains: Origin Kebabs Grand Plaza 28 July
- Browns Plains: Primary Medical & Dental Practice 24 and 28 July
- Browns Plains: Chatime Grand Plaza 28 July
- Goodna: Caltex Goodna 26 July
- Chandler: Sleeman Sports Complex* 26 July
- Forest Lake: SNP Collection Centre Forest Lake (Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology) 29 July
- Kenmore: Nando's Kenmore 27 July
- Mount Gravatt: Garden City Shopping Centre 26 July
- Mount Gravatt: K Mart at Garden City Shopping Centre 26 July
- Mount Gravatt: JB HiFi at Garden City Shopping Centre 26 July
- Mount Gravatt: MOS Burger at Garden City Shopping Centre 26 July
- Mount Gravatt: Chatime Garden City 26 July
- Oxley: Bunnings Oxley 27 July
- Park Ridge: Parklands Christian College 22 to 23 July
- Redbank Plains: Café 63 27 July
- Richlands: Richlands Medical Centre Richlands Plaza 29 July
- Southbank: Cowch Dessert Cocktail Bar 27 July
- Southbank: P'Nut Street Noodles 27 July
- Springfield: Bunnings Springfield 27 July
- Springfield: Thai Peak Restaurant 26 July
- Springfield Lakes: Basketball Court Springfield Lakes* 27 July
- Springwood: YMCA Chatswood Hills Outside School Hours Care 23 and 24 July
- Sunnybank: Heeretea-Bubble Tea Shop 23 July
- Sunnybank: Madtongsan IV Restaurant 23 July
- Wacol: Caltex Wacol 28 July
- Woodridge (Station Road): African Grocery Shop 28 July
- Flight JQ506 from Melbourne to Sydney Arrived 25 July
- Flight VA863 from Melbourne to Sydney 21 July
- Flight VA977 from Sydney to Brisbane 21 July
- Flight JQ790 from Sydney to Maroochydore 31 July
- Newcastle: Hamilton to Adamstown Number 26 Bus 3 August
Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre advises if you have attended these places or venues or been on the above mentioned flights or buses on these dates or have come into contact with someone that has, you will not be allowed to enter Woolgoolga Aged Care Centre until 14 days after they/you last attended the place, venue flight or bus trip or had contact with the individual who did and are well.
We will continue to update this information as more is advised by NSW Health.
Due to the recent Victorian outbreak of Covid there are now many aged care homes in Victoria and now some in South Western Sydney affected by Covid-19 with many residents testing positive to the virus. This is a huge reminder to us all to stay vigilant. The threat of Covid-19 is still very alive and as we all know affects the most vulnerable in our community the worst. We all have an obligation to protect these vulnerable people.
If you or someone you know has been in the places listed above, please do not attempt to visit the village or ask for residents to visit you. Please urgently attend your nearest Covid-19 testing centre and get tested then go home and self-isolate until your results come through. It remains essential that anyone with symptoms, even very mild symptoms, get tested.
As a result of this latest advice we have sent another update to our visiting policy together with a Covid-19 update to our external visitation declaration form to the nominated persons responsible for each resident, and this individual has been asked to share this amongst their loved ones family and friends.
Visits that occur on-site will still occur in the manner they are currently, and we have now introduced additional safety measures inside the village around residents social distancing as this policy now enables residents to leave the village under the conditions contained in the updated visiting policy.
As you know we are 100 percent committed to keeping both residents and our staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic so we can continue to provide the best and safest services we can to our residents and to those that love them.
We remain extremely concerned that Covid-19 is a particularly virulent virus that is transmitted easily and residents at the centre continue to remain at risk of infection. We implore you to observe the guidelines contained in our policies when visiting residents or having them to visit you.
We continue to rely on expert advice about how and when to safely lift restrictions in our circumstances. We also advise that if there are further new local cases of Covid-19 in our region we will immediately instigate tightening of our visitor's policy to ensure resident safety.
We will continue to ensure there is ongoing consultation with residents and their nominated persons responsible about changes to visiting at the village as and when required.
Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd will lock-down the aged care centre immediately, if there is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 at the village and we will ensure regular communication with residents and persons responsible if this occurs.
Our resident's health remains our priority and we will continue to ensure their needs are fully supported through this difficult time. We will continue to use this website to advise up-to-date information on the evolving situation.
If you have any questions or would like to talk about these arrangements, please contact me on 02 6654 0022 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued understanding about all of the precautions being taken by us to keep your loved ones safe.
Chief Executive Officer